Thursday, September 10, 2015

Do you like butterflies?

This beauty arrived yesterday all the way from Italy:



Roberta from MairiTales has a great talent to make terrariums and vivariums.  I found her shop while looking for pots to plant my Echeverias, and her terrariums with succulent plants are some of the prettiest I have seen.  I was amazed too when I saw her creations under a dome; what I love most about them is that you can choose between thinking they are taxidermized, or not.  I always wanted butterflies in my dollhouse, but I did not like the classical frame filled with butterflies that mimics the real ones in which the pretty insects are staked with a pin.  I find those terribly sad.

Naturally, when I took this to my vampire tenant, she was very happy to see they were nocturnal butterflies, and of course they were alive!  She was quick to put them in her study, and said she would take very good care of them.


The poster was included with the vivarium
I am very happy she has new pets to keep her company.

No comments: