Thursday, November 14, 2013

New prop replica necklace

My husband and I watched on All Hallows Eve the movie "The hunger", which none of us had heard about until I saw a mention of it on Jillian Venters' tumblr.  It is a movie about vampires, but it certainly is different than anything I have seen before...

Well, anyway, this post is not about that.  During the movie, Miriam and John wear some necklaces with an ankh, which they use to attack their victims:

Shot from the movie showing the necklaces
I fell in love with them the moment I saw them.  I have been using ankhs since I was 16 (that's more than 20 years, folks!), and have never seen a so clever contraption as these.  

Right after finishing the movie I ran to the Internetz to search for a replica.  I did not find one just like those in the movie, unfortunately.  But I found a very similar one from Alchemy Gothic:

Picture from the Sun Spot Designs website
I ordered it and it arrived today!  I love it!  I have changed the chain, since it was only 20 inches and it was way too short for a pendant of this size (the ankh measures 3 inches).  Now it hangs just between my breasts.  The fact that I ordered it on October 31 makes it even more special.

There are plenty of places where you can buy your own ankh.  It is officially called Ankh of the Dead; I got mine from Dreams of Caedryn on Etsy.

And if you still have not watched the movie, go and watch it!  Catherine Deneuve and David Bowie are both gorgeous on it!

No comments: