Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sonisphere - Madrid 2013

Yesterday afternoon we went to the Sonisphere festival; we left the house at 5.15 pm and returned today at 4.40 am. Out of New Year's Eve, I had never gone to bed so late.  But it was well worth it!

The main names we wanted to see were Iron Maiden:



And Avantasia:


And wow.  Just wow.

What can I say about the Irons?  They came and they delivered, and they always leave you wanting more.  It's thrilling to hear Bruce Dickinson say "Scream for me, Madrid!".
This was the first time we saw Avantasia live; Tobias Sammet promised to return again to Madrid in the future.  I hope we will be able to see them again.   And I took home a wonderful t-shirt with a Steampunk feeling from their last album The Mystery of Time

A very memorable night.

No comments: