Thursday, June 14, 2012

A new absinthe antique

Topette for 2 dosages
Picture from the Absinthe Originals website

Since I have been a good girl and I have passed all my tests with good grades, my mom has gifted me a new absinthe antiquity.  This time it's a topette, also from Absinthe Originals.

Topettes were used as little carafes to hold up absinthe dosages.  They were divided in little chambers, each one marking how much absinthe one should pour into the glass to have the proper proportion of absinthe and water (normally it is 1 part absinthe to 3-5 parts water).  This topette has 2 chambers, so it can be used for 2 glasses of absinthe.

I cannot wait to get it.  It is only 11 cm (4.3 inches) tall, and it is the cutest topette I have seen.

So now I have two... This is getting dangerous...

No comments: