Sunday, January 17, 2010

Update on the Apothecary cabinets

The first round of bottles for the apothecary cabinets arrived yesterday!

They are a cute set of mini bottles in the characteristic caramel color of antique jars, and I was happy to see that the labels fitted perfectly. In fact, I was so happy with the result that I decided to make some for myself. Here is a first pic of them in my dollhouse shop:

After I began to craft the first cabinet that was going to be sold in my shop, it was painfully obvious to me that I was not going to be able to part with it, unless I had my own cabinet. So I took my food cabinet, emptied it, and began to think about the new apothecary design. Here is a sneak peak of what I have accomplished today:

The first shelf has the bottles that I normally use for potion jars; the second shelf has the new caramel bottles. All of them have a reproduction of a real vintage apothecary label. The third shelf has a candy jar that my mother sent me; I removed the lid, took out the candy canes and filled it up with tiny polymer clay Aspirin pills. The fourth shelf has a mixing bowl and a glass stirrer; I may end up painting lines on it to make it look like a pipette. Take a closer look:

There are 80 pills inside the jar... and you can see that it appears almost empty. I guess I need to make two times that to fill it up almost completely. Oh goodness!

Still waiting on two more packages with mini bottles to arrive...

1 comment:

Annie Fryd said...

Hi Kassandra. I´ve been following your blog for a few weeks now, and I love it. Lots of great stuff in here. And I´m exited to se your new apothecary progress. Really love the aspirinjar and the caramel bottles are exactly what I´ve been looking for. I know Minimundus has some, but they are quite expencive.

In my dollhouse Obsidian Hall, I´m going to make a alchemy room at the attic, in which erotic poitions and oils are beeing produced to be sold in the sensual shop downstairs... Still mostly ideas in my head, but It will slowly progress...