Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A locket? No, a picture frame!

It's funny how sometimes everyday objects can find their way inside a dollhouse as decorative items.

When I found these book lockets from MousyBrown, I knew I had to have them. I actually used one of them to make a locket; I put a picture of Edgar Allan Poe on one side and a piece of parchment with the phrase "Shall be lifted... Nevermore" on the other. I was considering making a duplicate to sell it, when my mother suggested me to put it inside my dollhouse as picture frame.

Wow! What a neat idea! Actually, if you have watched "Sweeney Todd" by Tim Burton, there are a couple of scenes where Benjamin Barker is looking at a picture frame with this book-shape that has pictures of his wife and baby on it.

So, that's what I did. I removed the bail loop, and I chose a couple of pictures from the movie "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans". Lucian on one side and Sonja on the other. Hey, why are you surprised? I told you the occupant of my dollhouse was a vampire, didn't I?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it!
You should make a little velvet cloak and have it hanging on a hook on the wall. :P