Friday, March 27, 2009

Miniatures: not only for dollhouses

Although most of the time we buy our miniatures to display them proudly in our "other" home, sometimes somebody sees a miniature, and simply have to use it to do something with it.

My friend Alex has an Etsy shop, where she sells her creations: cute little bats cup sleeves that you can use instead of the disposable cardboard cup sleeves offered at local coffee shops. Reusable and eco-friendly, what more can you ask for? Go green! Or you simply can use them as decorative stuffed animals.

She made an Absinthe Bat:

And a Vampire Hunter bat:

Aren't they adorable? She is exploring more possibilities as times goes by, and this is her latest creation, the Nurse/Doctor bat:

All miniatures made by yours truly :)

I am working right now in a miniature sword for a Headless Horseman (!!). I can't wait to see it finished!

Meanwhile, go take a look at her shop and see if there's something you like, for you or a loved one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG, those are so cute!! I want one! It's too bad I'm not that fond of my doctors, or I'd get the medical bat for someone, because that one is super cute!